Our Indian Joint Venture
Kerns Manufacturing Corp. in New York is a joint venture partner in Kerns AeroProducts, Pvt., Ltd. (KAP), located in Chennai, India.
The underlying vision for this partnership is two-fold:
- Service our customer's drive to lower overall cost through engagement in countries with low manufacturing costs.
- Offer our customers a secure manufacturing solution to meet Indian aerospace offset requirements.
Kerns AeroProducts (KAP) is currently producing a number of air seals, inducer sub-assemblies, covers and an accelerator for Kerns and General Electric. The number and type of parts they will produce continues to grow in accordance with their technical acumen and equpiment.
KAP is currently certified to ISO9001:2008 and EN/JISQ/AS 9100:2009. In addition, KAP is NADCAP approved for the following processes:
- Vacuum heat treat and braze
- Gas shielded arc welding (TIG welding)
- Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM)
- Flourescent Penetrant Inspection (FPI)
- In the first half of 2014, we expect KAP to add:
- Electron beam welding (EBW)
- Radiographic inspection (X-Ray)
Equipment for these new processes is in place.
Kerns AeroProducts occupies 35,000 Sq. Ft. In a 100,000 Sq. Ft. building. It currently has:
- Two (2) vacuum furnaces
- One (1) electron beam welder
- One (1) semi-automatic GTAW (TIG) weld machine
- One (1) X-Ray booth with associated developing and reading equipment
- One (1) FPI facility
- A broad range of CNC and conventional machining equipment, enabling KAP to manufacture the variety of parts currently required or projected into 2015.